Claire Willett (Creative Director, Milepost 5)
Archie Washington (Producer/Director, Part Time Playhouse)
Jessica Dart (MFA Dramaturgy, University of Iowa)
Ty Boice (Artistic Director, Post5 Theatre)
For independent theater artists unaffiliated with an existing company, getting a play in front of an audience to test a script in progress can be a challenge. The Scriptorium is a new play workshop beginning in September 2012 that provides one playwright a month with free access to a wide menu of services to develop their work-in-progress, with an emphasis on multiple levels of informed feedback through dramaturgy and public readings.
- Dramaturgical support from Jessica Dart (2 script reads and a consultation prior to the reading with follow-up afterwards);
- Audition/casting assistance from Post5 Theatre;
- A dress rehearsal and staged reading at Milepost 5;
- Use of Milepost 5 theatre’s amenities (projector screen if needed, seating for up to 100, and access to adjoining restaurant with food and full bar available to purchase & eat in the theatre);
- Moderated postshow discussion to gather audience feedback;
- A dress rehearsal and live performance on Part Time Playhouse from MetroEast Community Media in Gresham;
- All technical and crew needs for a live television broadcast (on air the first Sunday of the month at 7 p.m. on Comcast 21 and Frontier 32 cable channels);
- Post-show playwright interview (also televised);
- Professional-quality DVD recording of hour-long Part Time Playhouse episode (45-minute reading plus playwright interview) for your own marketing and promotions;
- Promotional and marketing support;
- Post-reading team meeting to discuss the future life of the script.
Interested? Download the application below!